192.168.0.1 is a default IP address used by Netgear and D-Link router as a default for local router configuration. 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.1.1 are the other two commonly used IP address for home broadband routers.
It is a private IPv4 network address, used to access its administrative console by pointing your web browser to http://192.168.0.1. By using this address, you can set up LAN-network or monitor connection of the device using this address. Also, the user can change Wi-Fi settings, security settings, router default password of your network, reset, connection settings or firewall settings and other.
How to find your default IP address?
If you are not aware of your IP address, then follow my instruction. For Windows, Click to open the Start menu and select Run or hold (windows button + r). Then type “cmd” and click OK to open command prompt window. In the command prompt window, type “ipconfig” and press enter. Once after you clicked, it will show you a default gateway of your router like the screenshot displayed below.
- For Windows, Click to open the Start menu and select Run or hold (windows button + r). Then type “cmd” and click OK to open command prompt window. In the command prompt window, type “ipconfig” and press enter. Once after you clicked, it will show you a default gateway of your router like the screenshot displayed below.
- To find IP address for Unix and Linux, Go to Applications > System Tools > Terminal. When the terminal is opened, type “ip course”. It will show you something like this
joe$ ip course | grep default
by means of 192.168.l.l dev eth0 proto static
- For Macintosh OS, Go to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app. When the terminal is opened, type “netstat – nr “. It will show you something like this
joe$ netstat – nr | grep default 192.168.1.1 UGSc 50 46 en1
How to login 192.168.0.1?
- To access the admin panel of your router, you need to provide http://192.168.0.1 IP address on your browser’s URL address.
- Then press ‘enter’ to reach the specified router address.
- Now, you can see the routers admin panel which asks for username and password.
- Fill the name and password of your router, if you know. Nor try the default username and password as mentioned below.
User: “admin” password: “admin”,
User: “admin” password: “password”,
User: “admin” Password: “<your isp name>”.
- Using this password, you are able to log into 192.168.0.1. If this isn’t working, then chek for other default username and password lists.
- Once you entered the correct information, you are taken to admin panel where you can change all kind of settings such as system administration, security choices, DNS, IP QoS, Proxy, WAN, WLAN settings, LAN, DSL, DHCP customer, PPPOE, WPS and DSL, MAC,
Why can’t you access 192.168.0.1?
You can’t access your IP unless you knew your actual IP address. Find your default IP address for each device as I mentioned above. And try again. You can also connect using a LAN cable. If you have already know the address of your router, then enter into your browser’s address bar and press enter. Once you have done, you will be redirected to the main page which requests you to fill the username and password of it. Fill the requirements and log in to the management panel of your router. Now, it is under your control. Change the settings of your router according to your wish.
What to do if you have forgotten your password?
You can simply reset your gadget if you have forgotten your password. Later, you can apply the default password on the login page and enter into the administration panel. Else, try finding the Administration tab in the router interface and click on the link “Change Password”. Now, type the new password twice to confirm and apply changes. This method can help you to successfully change or reset a password.