Trendnet router setup is quite difficult for some user. If you feel hard to set up the new Netgear router, then you can follow the instruction given below for more help.
Trendnet Router Setup
- First, make sure, you have connected the modem, router, and computer properly. Then, follow the next step.
- I guess you know your default router IP address. In case not, then go to Start menu > Run and type “cmd” and hit enter.
- Now, a new command prompt window appears on the screen. On this window, type ipconfig.
- Using this command, you can find your IP address of your router. Under the Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi, you have your Default Gateway address like http://192.168.10.1/. This is just an example.
- You may have other similar IPs like 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.254, 192.168.1.2, 192.168.2.1, and 10.0.0.1.
- You will have any of these IP as your default router IP address. If found, open your browser and point it to your router IP address. For example, I point my browser to this address http://192.168.10.1.
- This link will direct you to the Trendnet router login page. There you need to enter the username and password. If you have not accessed it yet, then you can fill the username and password as admin. And hit enter. You will be taken to the Trendnet router management panel for changing the network settings.
- Select Setup Wizard and click on PVC0.
- Then, click Next.
- Next, select the PPPoE option and click Next.
- Select Manual Selection and click Next.
- On the next page, you will get a screen like this. Make sure the entered details is correct and click Next.
- Here, you need to enter the new username and password for your router network. Enter the Connection details and click Next.
- This page will allow us to change the wireless basic settings as shown in the image below. If you are not willing to use the wireless feature on your router, uncheck the Device Enable and click Next. The SSID is the name that you want your wireless network to be called and click Next.
- Select WPA/WPA2+THIP/AES and enter the password and click Next.
- Now, your settings will be saved. A new pop-up window appears on the screen showing Wizard setup successful.please reboot the device. Select OK.
- Then, again log in and click on Setup > Wireless Settings > Basic Settings.
- Here, you can configure the Router’s SSID, channel selection, and wireless mode.
- And click on Apply to save the changes.
- Next, go to Setup > Wireless Settings > Security Setting.
- Here, you cam make changes to secure your wireless network.
- Select the highest level of encryption in the Authentication Type. If you need any help, then contact the manufacturers of your wireless network adapters, wireless computers, and wireless appliances to verify the highest level of encryption supported. For 802.11n performance, you must use WPA2 AES encryption.
- Open System and Shared Key requires the user to set a WEP key to exchange data with other wireless clients that have the same WEP key. Use “Open System” as “Shared Key” is less secure.
- Key length: Select 64-bit or 128-bit.Key type: Select the level of encryption from the drop-down list.
Key Length Hex ASCII Type Characters 0-9, A-F alphanumeric format 64-bit 10 characters 5 characters 128-bit 26 characters 13 characters
- Key 1 ~ Key 4: Enables users to create up to 4 different WEP keys. Manually enter a set of values for each key. Select a key to use by clicking the radio button next to the key. Wireless clients that attempt to connect to the Router will be challenged with the key.
- You are done.
How to reset Trendnet Router
The reset button can be seen at the back end of the router. To reset your Trendnet router, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds reset your router to default settings. This will erase your previous changes.
If you need more support, then get it from the Trendnet Support Team.